Pages

▼

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

This year's flax is sown - May 13, 2014

The allotment plot where I grow my flax has been waterlogged since the snow left. It was really still too wet to sow the seeds but it is already two weeks late and I won't have another chance for another week. I had the opportunity of adding about 15 wheelbarrow loads of triple mix to help raise my bed a bit.  It was 25 degrees and humid, so I had to keep resting in the shade because I get overheated exerting myself under those conditions.  Thank goodness for a good breeze. 

I was going to wait till cooler evening temps and less wind to so, but after I heard thunder I thought I had better get it done before the rain.  I sowed the seed at double the normal rate of 1.5 grams per sq foot because my supplier told me it wasn't last year's seed and they hadn't had a chance to check the germination rate.

My plot this year is almost 14' x 8', so 105 sq ft, 12 sq yd (rounding off). and I used 300 grams of seed.

Once the seedlings are up a bit, I will post a picture, hopefully next week.

3 comments:

  1. I am following your activities with interest. One day I hope to grow my own flax to spin into linen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Serenity Autumn, currently living in Texas city, USA. I am a widow at the moment with Four kids and i was stuck in a financial situation in May 2019 and i needed to refinance and pay my bills. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit. But as God would have it, I was introduced to a woman of God a private loan lender who gave me a loan of 850,000.00 USD and today am a business owner and my kids are doing well at the moment, if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan without collateral , no credit check, no co signer with just 2% interest rate and better repayment plans and schedule, please contact Mrs Mr Bejamin Lee On Email 247officedept@gmail.com   And Whats-App +1-989-394-3740. He doesn't know that am doing this but am so happy now and i decided to let people know more about him and also i want God to bless him more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very informative and well-written blog. I really enjoyed reading the content because it explains the topic in a simple and easy-to-understand way. The information shared here is useful for readers who want to learn more and make better decisions. I especially liked the practical tips and clear presentation of the ideas. Blogs like this are helpful because they provide valuable knowledge while keeping the content interesting and engaging. Thank you for sharing such useful information. I will definitely recommend this blog to others who are looking for helpful and informative content online.
    Best Fashion Designing institute in Delhi NCR
    Best Makeup Training Institute in Delhi NCR.
    best computer institute in delhi NCR
    Typing & Shorthand Institute in Delhi NCR

    ReplyDelete